The "I laughed so hard I dribbled" book
The book I really wish I hadn't loaned out
Guilty pleasure (the novels you secretly love but would not admit to, until now)
Best novel turned into a movie
Most memorable Autobiography or Biogprahy
Best book for planes
The doorstopper (longest novel and how long it took to read)
The itty bitty book (shortest novel)
The "I cried so much I used a whole box of tissues "
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Books We Have Read So Far...
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett - picked by Lisa
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - picked by Emma
- How To Be Good by Nick Hornby - picked by Sam
- The Colour of Water by James McBride - picked by Mere
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - picked by Kerryn
- My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell - picked by Fiona
- Addition by Toni Jordan - picked by Georgie
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - picked by Jackie
- Killing Me Softly by Nicci French - picked by Lisa M
- The Spare Room by Helen Garner - picked by Emma
- The Zahir by Paulo Coehlo - picked by Lisa T
- Atonement by Ian McEwan - picked by Georgina
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - picked by Meredith
- The Gathering by Anne Enright - picked by Sara
- The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - picked by Kerryn
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - picked by Fiona
3 comments:
The "I laughed so hard I dribbled" book - Down Under by Bill Bryson (I can't explain it)
The book I really wish I hadn't loaned out - The Lovely Bones
Guilty pleasure (the novels you secretly love but would not admit to, until now) - The Stephanie Plum novels
Best novel turned into a movie - need to think about this one
Most memorable Autobiography or Biogprahy - Nancy Wake by Peter Fitzsimmons
Best book for planes - Janet Evanovich novels
The doorstopper (longest novel and how long it took to read) - London by Edward Rutherford - it took a year.
The itty bitty book (shortest novel) - The Scree by Paul McDermott
The "I cried so much I used a whole box of tissues" - The Notebook (never again)
The "I laughed so hard I dribbled" book:
Zigzag St by Nick Earls - the fart on the verandah, too funny.
The book I really wish I hadn't loaned out:
I don't loan those books. Selfish, but when I'm dead people can take their pick.
Guilty pleasure (the novels you secretly love but would not admit to, until now):
I think by now everyone knows I read historical romance novels.
Best novel turned into a movie:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Most memorable Autobiography or Biography:
I can't remember any... don't read many.
Best book for planes:
Anything fantasy - takes you away from the little seat and the smelly man behind you. I like Robin Hobbs.
The doorstopper (longest novel and how long it took to read):
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - about 800 pages, but I read it in about a week because I'd been waiting so damn long for it!
The itty bitty book (shortest novel):
Odd One Out by Monica McInerney. 150 pages, but I liked it.
The "I cried so much I used a whole box of tissues":
Keri Hulme - The Bone People. Still have only read it twice in about 15 years because I found it too distressing. Maybe once the kids are grown I'll try again.
I love Zigzag Street too! His other books weren't quite as funny.
Post a Comment